Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep getting "Invalid --outfile-format"
Just setup Hashtopolis today and I keep having to add "--outfile-format 1" to the cmd when creating tasks.
It's especially hard when creating supertasks as I have to go into every single one and att the argument.
Have I missed something?
And is --outfile-format 1 going to let the client correctly detect when a hash is cracked? (Yeah I could check this myself but figured maybe I've missed something else that is obvious)

Quote:Got task with id: 22
Downloading: [=========================================================================]
Client is up-to-date!
Got cracker binary type hashcat
Invalid --outfile-format value specified.

Thanks!
You should not use --outfile-format at all, as hashtopolis will use that in the command to correctly retreive the founds, having it twice in the command line will confuse hashcat and cause issues with sending cracked hashes.
(12-09-2020, 03:13 PM)s3in!c Wrote: You should not use --outfile-format at all, as hashtopolis will use that in the command to correctly retreive the founds, having it twice in the command line will confuse hashcat and cause issues with sending cracked hashes.

Hello! I removed the --outfile-format again to demonstrate the problem I'm having.
This is the task with the current command.

And this is what happens at the agent.

Quote:Got task with id: 6
Downloading: [==================================================]
Downloading: [==================================================]
Downloading: [=========================================================================]
Client is up-to-date!
Got cracker binary type hashcat
Keyspace got accepted!
Benchmark task...
Server accepted benchmark!
Start chunk...
HC error: Invalid --outfile-format value specified.
finished chunk
Client is up-to-date!
Getting of chunk failed: {'action': 'getChunk', 'response': 'ERROR', 'message': 'Agent is inactive!'}
No task available!
Figured out how to solve it.
I used the 0.12.0 release from the git page when I got the issue.
I upgraded to the latest commit (0.12.0 commit a247df9 branch master) on the master branch which solved the problem.
Ah yeah in that case maybe the issue was that you used a too new hashcat version on the older hashtopolis agent version. Hashcat at some point changed their outfile format specification, so probably that was the issue.