Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download of cracker binary failed
I dont have any experiences with hashtopolis, but I want to get some. I Installed the server, created a task but if I start the client...I get a problem...

I know someone here can help me for sure...

Everytime when I start a python-client I get the following error

Download error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='hashcat.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /files/hashcat-5.1.0.7z (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000016E2E4C8B50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

Download of cracker binary failed!

What have I done wrong ???

Best regards to all
T.

Edit: I put the the hashcat-5.1.0.7z on the local hashtopolis-server and the it can be downloaded, but now the next problem occurs

C:\Windows\system32>python d:\hashtopolis-client\hashtopolis.zip

Found existing lock.pid, checking if python process is running...
Ignoring lock.pid file because PID is not existent anymore or not running python!
Starting client 's3-python-0.6.0'...
Collecting agent data...
Login successful!
Hashtopolis Server version: 0.12.0 (commit f54932d branch master)
Client is up-to-date!
Got task with id: 4
Downloading: [==================================================]

7-Zip (A) 9.20  Copyright © 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Error:
cannot find archive
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\User3\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "C:\Users\User3\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "d:\hashtopolis-client\hashtopolis.zip\__main__.py", line 343, in <module>
  File "d:\hashtopolis-client\hashtopolis.zip\__main__.py", line 174, in loop
  File "d:\hashtopolis-client\hashtopolis.zip\htpclient\binarydownload.py", line 203, in check_version
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden: 'crackers/temp'

C:\Windows\system32>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste ...

What should I do ???  Huh
Ok, so the first error most likely occurs because hashcat 6.0.0 is now released and normally the move the older releases to another folder which changes the download link.

The second error I'm not sure on the cause. Is the folder `crackers` present in the agent directory?
Are there any permissions set which may cause that it is not allowed to create folders or add files there?
Hello and thank you for helping me...

I installed the client completely new. Now the hashcat-binary was downloaded and extracted succesfully. I created a task, assigned the client and got following messages:

Everything is Ok

Folders: 43
Files: 1866
Size:      137809183
Compressed: 5960507
Downloading: [==================================================]
Client is up-to-date!
Got cracker binary type hashcat
Keyspace got accepted!
Benchmark task...
cuFuncSetAttribute is missing from CUDA shared library.

Server accepted benchmark!
Start chunk...
HC error: Invalid --outfile-format value specified.
finished chunk
Client is up-to-date!
Getting of chunk failed: {'action': 'getChunk', 'response': 'ERROR', 'message': 'Agent is inactive!'}
No task available! 

Best regards
T.
This is most likely because you have an outdated agent binary. Hashcat changed the way of how outfile format is expressed before the 6.0.0 release and older Hashtopolis agents don't have this built in yet. You need to have at least agent version 0.6.0.10 to work.